SEO Keyword Research
- What keywords are you currently found with?
- What keywords should you be found with?
- Explore associated search phrases to track also.
- Research your competitors' keywords.
- Identify rising or falling trends for keyword targets.
SEO Keyword Strategy
- Prioritize targets - what is undervalued? what has the best potential?
- Track keyword rankings progress - determine what is working and what isn't.
- Inform new content development / content tweaking with keyword performance and goals.
SEO Keyword Tracking and Optimization
- Keyword tracking is included in SEO Reports.
- Watch your rankings improve. Typically, the "fat tail" targets will climb up the Google top 100 first then high-volume targets climb their way up.
A keyword or key phrase is a word or set of words that are indicative of the content in which it appears. Keywords usually aim for "fat head" (which is searched in high volumes) or "long tail" which are lower volume but more specific. You probably want to target a balance of both, but long tail keywords are less risky (for being displaced by competitors) and bring high quality traffic because the search was specific.