Examples of security needs:
- Should be SSL (ie https:// not http:// -- you should see a locked key in your browser address bar.)
- Cross-site Scripting protections
- Prevent Cross-site Request Forgery
- Prevent Clickjacking
Benefits of a secure website:
- Don't get flagged as "unsafe"! Nobody will visit, and it hurts your rankings, reputation, and page authority.
- Getting hacked can be very embarrassing. This happens when webmasters don't keep code up to date.
Beginning in July 2018, Google's Chrome browser automatically flags (red warning) any website that isn't SSL encrypted, ie the site should read HTTPS://supercleanseo.com... not HTTP://supercleanseo.com. If your website ever gets hacked (likelier if SSL) and is used for spam or scams, your site can be on anti-virus and anti-spam databases. So people running other programs like Bitdefender or McAfee will see you flagged.